MoreBalance is a modular open source user-space load balancing system.
It also serves as a general fun networking tool.
The following components exist so far:
Features found in the networking part include:
- ipban - replaces /etc/hosts.*, tcpserver etc., and protects against DoS
- conf - sets up configuration from human-readable config file
- server - multi-threaded TCP server system
- magic - contains scheduling algorithms for host selection
- sys - high-level wrappers for system functions
- filter - content scanning functions (since 0.2)
- tls - encryption functions (since 0.2)
- udp - UDP connections in addition to TCP (since 0.3)
- compress - compression of data during transmission (since 0.4)
Download (comes with 2 manpages: morebalance(1), morebalance.conf(5))
MoreBalance 0.4, 10.04.2006
MoreBalance is available in FreeBSD as a
Creation of Debian packages is already prepared in the sources, too.
MoreBalance 0.1, 25.05.2002
MoreBalance Snapshot 0.1+20021216, 16.12.2002
MoreBalance 0.2, 08.10.2003
MoreBalance 0.3, 01.06.2004